Sudocrem contains a number of ingredients and properties, such as:
•hypoallergenic lanolin, to help provide emollient properties
•zinc oxide is an astringent which reduces the loss of tissue fluid
•benzyl benzoate and benzyl cinnamate are amongst the ingredients of Peruvian Balsam, recognised for its healing properties
•benzyl alcohol is a weak local anaesthetic which acts to ease localised pain and irritation. It also acts as an agent responsible for protection against bacterial contaminants
Sudocrem® is now the Nation’s favourite award winning nappy rash cream in Ireland and UK. Clinically proven to help treat nappy rash by soothing, healing and protecting delicate skin. Developed 80 years ago, tried and trusted by healthcare professionals for decades.
What does nappy rash look like ?
Depending on the severity of the rash, signs can vary from a shiny patch of red, scaly skin to hot, sore, spotty, fiery red skin if it becomes infected.
What causes nappy rash ?
• Urine in contact with baby’s skin
• Ammonia released after urine and stool mix causing inflammation of the skin
• Friction caused by the nappy rubbing against your baby’s delicate skin
• Washing detergents not thoroughly rinsed out of terry nappies
• Be alert to potential triggers of nappy rash :
• Change of milk type